About VAE II
VAE II is the next step of the cross-border cooperation project. Project’s first phase Visit Arctic Europe (2015–2018) where extensive results where reached through co-operation across borders.
“We are very proud to be able to fund Visit Arctic Europe II, which in my opinion is a unique cross-border cooperation project. The continued cooperation between the countries means that the Visit Arctic Europe area becomes a competitive, sustainable visiting destination all year round”
– Iiris Mäntyranta,
Programme Director of Interreg Nord
Main purpose of Visit Arctic Europe II
- to continue developing of Finnish Lapland, Swedish Lapland and Northern Norway as an all year round sustainable and high-quality destination.
- developing new season – Autumn in the Arctic, as well as extend existing seasons.
Main target of VAE II
- increased profitability for the tourism industry, thereby creating new opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship in Arctic Europe.
- an increase of 10% in guest nights from selected market areas and seasons.
Project’s main activities:
- Image marketing – To increase the awareness of the Arctic Europe area all year round towards different market segments.
- Tactical marketing – The project will follow-up on established relations and further develop that and aim for new business opportunities.
Secondary level markets actions including image marketing and invitation to selected TOs to Famtrips and sales workshops (high end clientele)
Third level markets actions including invitation to selected touroperators to famtrips and salesworkshops.
Most potential seasons:
- External accessibility – Development of new traffic connections to VAE area
- Internal accessibility – Development of new internal traffic connections within the VAE area to improve co-operation and cross-border flow of customers.
- Sustainable development
- Market knowledge and product development